lately there have been so many important things that have happened around here.
they may not seem important to others but they stop me in my tracks and they either make me smile or secretly break my heart.
I hear a silly phrase from Bennett, I see Marie give a loving touch to her brother, or Brooks literally grows before my eyes.
I seem to be forgetting them so I am going to do my best at remembering a few.
Bennett:
"Mom what should we do today, go get groceries, walk around the water tower, or go to Bomgaars?"
(Bennett walking into our house) "Hmmm...I think I've met this house before. Yep, I remember it now."
(Bennett looking at Brooks) "Mom, Brooksy be so much cool."
Bennett looking at Brooks...again) "Mom, he is the best people I've ever met."
(Needing a time out) "Fine, it's all my fault!"
"Phew! Mom, when something makes me feel tired, I say, that word."
(Bennett jumping on the trampoline) "Wow Mom, I am so much cool, this is awesome!"
(Bennett not wanting his coat on) "I don' t want you to help me I want her...my favorite sister!"
(Bennett rubbing his nose on Brooks' nose) "Mugga Mugga." (this is what a little cartoon character says to his momma and it means 'I love you')
Marie:
(VERY tired and not wanting to go to bed and crying) "Mom, I don't understand something...why don't the Muetings, you know, our family, why don't the Muetings ever go to the zoo? We have only gone a few times and I really love animals and I don't think it's fair!"
(Marie cuddling with Brooks after Bennett fell asleep) "Finally, it's just you and your big sister." Brooks proceeded to grab her finger and smile so big and bright.
"Mom, how can God be everywhere? And Ms. Eileen tells us to listen for him but I don't think I understand God's talking."
(After getting into trouble for a smart mouth) "See it's like I have 2 brains...a nice brain and a naughty brain and the naughty brain always wins...I can't stop it!"
***
Today after a tiring trip to the gymnastics studio, the kids cuddled on the couch with their blankets under an umbrella with Marie's arm around Bennett. This was completely unprompted and hilarious. They found the umbrella in the van and it was an obsession the rest of the day.
Bennett fell asleep early on the chair. Marie noticed first, and before I could carry him to his bedroom, she covered him with a blanket.
Our kids spend a lot of time fighting and annoying one another like any other siblings...and Marie is quick to tell me, "Mom don't worry, that's what brothers and sisters do!"
I guess that makes the sweet moments just that much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment