Marie was so into Thanksgiving this year...she asked us when it would be here many times the past few weeks. She was very excited to eat turkey and see her family. So, when the big day finally arrived that is exactly what she did.
We traveled to Spencer for the holiday where we met Andy's side of the family and my mom for the celebration. Our Thanksgiving day included the annual Turkey Trot in which Marie ran with Uncle Nate and Aunt Katie. I still can't believe she ran and kept up with them for quite a long time. Bennett enjoyed getting outside for the Turkey Trot too but he decided to drive in the car for most of it...with Marie behind the wheel for part of the drive!
We ate a fabulous meal, played games, danced, and ended our day with pie.
As always we took turns sharing what we were thankful for this year. I tried to explain to Marie what that meant and gave her some examples a few days before Thanksgiving. She said she was thankful for her room and her stuffed blonde puppy.
So, when her time came at the table, I expected to hear those 2 things. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard, "I am thankful for my new big house and my mommy & daddy." It shocked me so much it made me a bit emotional. This move has been a difficult one for us to get used to, especially us girls. Hearing that she is thankful for her home helps me breathe a sigh of relief and look forward to the memories we can make here.
So, when her time came at the table, I expected to hear those 2 things. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard, "I am thankful for my new big house and my mommy & daddy." It shocked me so much it made me a bit emotional. This move has been a difficult one for us to get used to, especially us girls. Hearing that she is thankful for her home helps me breathe a sigh of relief and look forward to the memories we can make here.
No comments:
Post a Comment